Chemical Composition of Food
Food is the group of edible substance that provide the energy and nutrition by some metabolic pathway. The composition of food means substance which the food is made up of Carbohydrates, Proteins, Vitamins, Minerals, fats and water. Food components are classified as Energy giving Foods that is Carbohydrates and fats, Body Building Foods that is Proteins, Protective Foods are Vitamins and Minerals. If any of these components is reduced in food products and human consumption these will leads to the Deficiency diseases for example Kwashiorkor and Marasmus caused by the deficiency of dietary proteins.
- Track 1-1 Nutritive and Non-Nutritive Component
- Track 2-2 Contaminants in food
- Track 3-3 Food Flavour analysis
- Track 4-4 Sources of Food
- Track 5-5 Bio Availability of Food